Therapy For Depression
Therapy will help improve your mood
Help is here! Sadness, grief, lack of motivation, and negative thinking are states “of being” that we all experience in our life time. It is normal to feel down or sad from time to time. With the passing of time, the support of friends or family and by utilizing coping skills we begin to feel better. If you suffer from depression you don’t begin to feel better.
The depressed mood is not a temporary state of being. It feels more like a permanent state of existence. Depression is different than temporary states of sadness because of the intensity and duration of the symptoms which include:
Symptoms of depression:
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness and helplessness
- Persistent negative thinking
- Lack of motivation
- Loss of interest and activities you once enjoyed
- Trouble concentrating, making decisions and poor memory
- Sleeping to much, or to little
- Eating to much, or to little
- Suicidal thoughts or suicidal attempts
Treatment methods include:
- mindfulness training – to understand how negative thinking and wrong perceptions skews reality
- coping skills – to respond to negative thinking patterns more effectively
- self-care – to help regulate emotions and nurture a healthy mind, body and spirit
- behavioral changes – to address lack of motivation, poor sleep, poor eating habits
- communication skills – to cultivate loving relationships
A depressed mood is maintained by negative thinking, as well as dysfunctional behavioral and emotional patterns. Our holistic treatment methods address the whole person not just the depression.
We assist people understand their depression so that they can create new patterns that support a healthier and happier lifestyle.