Holistic and results oriented counseling services
Authentic-Life Counseling is proud to offer conventional as well as alternative mental health therapy to individuals, families and couples. Our therapist provide clients with effective and unique approaches to counseling to help you live your best life. Our unique counseling techniques include mindfulness instruction, meditation instruction, and mind-body approaches to healing.
Change is not easy. Improving emotional and mental health requires new emotional, mental or behavioral patterns. Our therapist are trained to provide clients with the tools they need to make these changes.
Ideally, mental health counseling should address the emotional, mental, physical, relational, and spiritual aspects of your life. Your problems do not exist within a vacuum. If your problems are holistic, the solutions should be holistic.
Authentic-Life Counseling provides solutions within the context of your whole self and offers treatment approaches that are as unique as you.
We serve the Suwanee, Buford, Sugar Hill and Duluth area in our office located in Suwanee, GA.
We are able to provide clients in the metro-Atlanta area our unique approaches to counseling via video therapy.
Call us for a free assessment.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
The Therapy Process at Authentic-Life Counseling
Number of Sessions
The number and regularity of sessions is variable. Factor that impact the number of sessions include the current functioning of the client, their resources outside of therapy, and the nature of their conditions or problem.
First therapy session
An assessment is completed during the first session in order to obtain a comprehensive understanding of your mental health. We will explore the following:
- Your history. Including significant childhood issues, nature of significant relationships, work, education etc.
- Review your general physical and emotional health
- Review past successful and unsuccessful attempts to achieve goals
- Identify issues which trigger and intensify the problem.
- Identify goals for treatment
Subsequent therapy sessions
Based on the information gathered from the assessment, we will begin to develop a treatment plan that addresses your mental health problem. While every client’s treatment plan is different some common elements of therapy include:
Review treatment goals and adjust as necessary.
- As your conditions change the treatments goals change. Your life is static and dynamic. We will review and change the therapy goals as needed.
- We are often not aware of the repetitive nature of our thinking, emotional of physical habits.
- Mindfulness teaches us to become aware of these habits and redirect our habit energy in a positive manner.
- Diane Chrestman has over 8 years training with Zen Buddhist nuns and monks. A unique area of expertise we are proud to offer clients is mindfulness training
Identify non-beneficial thinking patterns.
- Examples of thinking patterns that are not beneficial include obsessive or rigid thinking.
- Provide homework assignments to help you identify and replace non-beneficial thinking patterns.
Identify non-beneficial emotional patterns.
- Examples of emotional patterns that are not beneficial are anxiety, depression, anger or fear.
- Explore how to cultivate healthier emotional reactions such as peace, gratitude and joyfulness
Learn to set healthy boundaries
- No one sets healthy boundaries all the time. When boundaries are not healthy they are either too passive or too aggressive.
- We will identify your boundary style and identify changes in communication to help set healthy assertive boundaries.
Review the effectiveness of homework assignments
Therapy cost and structure
- Initial assessment: $150/90 minute session
- Follow up sessions: $115/55 minute session
A limited number of sliding scale cost structures are available. A limited number of evening and weekend appointments are available.