How Diane Works
A holistic approach to mental health counseling
Ideally, mental health counseling should include the emotional, mental, personal, relational and spiritual aspects of your life. Counseling should be individualized to meet your needs in the context of your whole self, and not in the context of individual and separate parts. By attending to your whole self, we can focus on holistic dimensions of wellness and healing.
Number of Sessions
The number and regularity of sessions is variable and dependent on many factors including your personal needs, current level of functioning and resources.
An assessment is completed during the first session in order to obtain a comprehensive understanding of your issue and the nature of your suffering. We will explore the following:
- Your history. Including significant childhood issues, nature of significant relationships, work, education etc
- Review your general physical and emotional health
- Review past successful and unsuccessful attempts to achieve goals
- Identify issues which trigger and intensify the problem.
Based on the information gathered from the assessment, we will begin to develop a treatment plan which includes the following:
- Identify the specific goals you wish to achieve
- Explore thought processes which include identification of irrational or obsessive thoughts involved in maintaining your suffering
- Explore how to cultivate seeds of peace and happiness
- Assign and review the effectiveness of homework assignments
Cost and structure
- Initial assessment: $150/90 minute session
- Follow up sessions: $115/55 minute session
A limited number of sliding scale cost structures are available. A limited number of evening and weekend appointments are available.