Diane Chrestman provides a variety of counseling services to foster the emotional and psychological well-being of individuals and families. I believe optimal health requires achieving balance between our mental, physical, emotional and social functioning. I consider it an honor to help people find this balance and improve their lives.
Traditional and Alternative Mental Health Services
at Authentic Life Counseling
Diane Chrestman, is a licensed mental health counselor who provides a variety of counseling services to foster the emotional and psychological well-being of individuals and families.
I believe optimal health requires achieving balance between our mental, physical, emotional and social functioning. I consider it an honor to help people find this balance and improve their lives.
I have a Master’s degree in Social Work from Georgia State University and I am certified in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Energy Psychology. I have practiced Meditation and Mindfulness Training with Zen Buddhist Monks for the past five years. I empower clients to learn and use these various techniques to improve their mental health and overall sense of well-being . The alternative therapies that I practice, including energy psychology, have been shown in clinical trials to be effective treatments for a number of psychological conditions. Due to the side effects of psychotropic medication, many people are seeking alternative therapy options. I find combining traditional and alternative therapy provides a comprehensive and effective treatment for clients.
Prior to opening Authentic Life Counseling, I worked with local service providers to offer counseling and assessment services to adults, families, seniors, children and adolescents.
Diane’s Patient Forms
why we don’t accept insurance
- Filing insurance requires mental health practitioners to give a “diagnostic impression” from the Diagnostic Statistical Disorder Manual. This becomes part of your permanent health record. It is impossible to predict how this may impact you in the future. Some people have been impacted in their ability to purchase life insurance, health insurance, and job and college applications.
- Receiving a mental health diagnosis can have negative consequences such as lowering self-esteem and being stigmatized by others. Also, receiving a diagnosis can result in a self-fulfilling prophecy if people begin to internalize their diagnosis. Labels are very powerful!
- Insurance providers may become privy you to your private and sensitive healthcare information if they require justification for filing claims.
- Insurance “standards of care” often dictate the number of sessions allowed.
- Partial reimbursement is often allowed when filing a claim with providers who are out of network.